Randy Meyer
Dale Miller
Mark Schubert
Lee Gunderson
Mark Boraas
Patrick Miller

Bruce Strand


Vice President



Lac Qui Parle Mutual Insurance Company
Serving The Area Since 1885
The Lac Qui Parle Town Farmers Union Fire Insurance Company was incorporated under the laws of the State of Minnesota  on November 13, 1855 in Madison MN. The original board of director's were: Nils A Borstad, President; K O Jerde, Secretary; Ole O Holtan, Director; Tollef Robertson, Director; and Peter K Hasterud, Director.  A total of 64 policies were issued the first year.

In 1933 the board of directors recommended that Article II of the 'Articles of Incorporation' be amended to change the name of the company to " Lac Qui Parle Mutual Insurance Company."  This amendment was adopted at the annual  meeting of the company on January 16,1934. In 1950 the policyholders voted to move the company office from Madison to Dawson.  A new building was constructed in Dawson and continues to be used as the company headquarters.

About Us


Current Board of Directors


868 6th Street
P.O. Box 441
Dawson, MN  56232


Phone: 320-769-4410
Fax: 320-769-4606
General Email: lqpmutual@lqpmutual.com